Summer months are the best time of the years to go camping. Not only do they truly let you enjoy the outdoors but also have longer days and shorter nights to enjoy each bit of the fun and adventure. But the insides of the tent may get a little too warm for comfort and may need some cooling. There are many ways to keep a tent cool while camping during summers and the following is a list of the same:
- The first tip to follow to keep your tent cool during summer camping is to set it at a shady spot. The more the shade, the less hot is the tent likely to be.
- You can also consider creating a solid sunshade over your tent by making use of two tarps or a reflective cloth. Make sure you leave a little space between the tent and the tarp to let some breeze flow.
- If you are allowed to do so, try digging a shallow pit and then place your tent over the pit to avoid experiencing or feeling the heat of the ground.
- If possible, try choosing a large tent which has mesh like windows so that some air can circulate and some heat can be thrown outside in exchange for some cool air.
- You can bring in battery operated fans with you when you go out for camping during the summer months to keep the indoors of a tent cool. For even cooler air, place a bowl of rice in front of the fan.
- Keep the front door of the tent open in the night while sleeping so as to let the air circulation happen correctly.
- Another useful tip to feel cool inside a summer camping tent is to get it as less heated as possible during the day. For this, it is better to set the camp up in the night and take it down when you wake up in the morning.
- You can also put in a misting system inside the tent so as to feel cool even during the summer months of camping. Infact, if you can find it, you can take a personal fan with you and place it closer to yourself.
- Do not put layers of bedding on the ground when you sleep in the night to avoid feeling too hot.