As much as we all love the rains, they can be a complete mood spoiler when planning to go out for backpacking. With wet shoes, clingy bag pack and ever pouring clothes, it can be a complete mess. At times, it may be plausible to postpone the backpack outing, but sometimes, it’s impossible to amend the plans because of bad weather conditions.
As unpredictable as the weather is, the forecast is not always reliable. Hence, it’s always more sensible to pack right, and to prepare yourself for the worst. It can start pouring anywhere and anytime, therefore it’s always better to keep yourself well equipped for such a situation while you are in a backpacking trip to the land of monsoons.
The following basic tips can help you evade the poor weather conditions with no extra efforts.
- First and foremost, always carry an extra pair of clothing. Whether you plan to stay for the night or not, an extra pair is never too heavy. You never know when it might just start pouring and you could get drenched without any spare clothes!
- Secondly, carry a covering for your bag pack. As good the water proofing on your bag may be, it’s always better to give it an extra layer of covering.
- Keep all your electronic devices in a separate plastic bag to save them from water. Good quality zip locks are always helpful for storing such stuff.
- Never forget to carry your raincoat or poncho. Always keep it handy, and use it as soon as it starts raining.
- Avoid fully water proof, silicon treated rain gears as they accelerate excessive sweating. Instead, prefer breathable, water resistant fabric.
- Carry a good sturdy pair of water proof boots as well, even if it’s not raining. Also, carry extra pair of socks to avoid damp feet which, if stay for too long, can lead to fungal infection.
- Wrap your sleeping bag in a plastic sac to prevent it from getting wet. Sleeping in a wet bed is the last thing you’d want to do in a wet weather!
- Carry extra garbage/plastic bags to use in case of emergencies.
- It’s always advisable to carry extra food which can last for a few days. Who doesn’t need energy while camping? Also, don’t forget to keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water and other energy drinks.
Outing is always fun, and when you are well equipped for all weather conditions, it makes the outing even more comfortable! So keep yourself prepared and carry optimum clothing with yourself so as to neither make your bag heavy, nor to miss out on the essentials. Pack right, enjoy better! Happy holidaying!
Photo Credit By: coast2coastsweden.com