When the school year ends and the long summer break lies ahead, then most of us have only one idea in mind-to go for a summer youth camp. Summer youth camps are very popular all across the world and are a great way for young people to spend their summers doing some physical activity, spending some time learning camping tricks and being independent.
Such youth camps can be either 2-3 day weekend camps or may be longer ones which may require one to pack all the essentials needed. Thus, we have come up with a list of the items one must carry while heading out for a summer youth camp. Read on to find out:
The Right Backpack
One of the first things that you will need for your summer youth camp is the right backpack. The backpack must be durable, should have enough space to pack for the trip and must be waterproof. It should have several compartments both inside and outside to put in the water bottle, small essentials and things you need to access quickly.
Make sure you have enough clothing changes for the length of the summer camp but not more than the sufficient amount, to avoid making the backpack too heavy. Carry t-shirts instead of shirts, shorts instead of jeans and sufficient number of underclothes. Also, carry an extra pair of shoes and atleast one piece of jacket to deal with the chilly mornings. Also, carry a cap to avoid suffering from direct sun light. Some other essentials that you might need are a swimsuit, a towel, goggles, plastic bags and socks.
Food and Drinks
Most summer youth camps provide food and drinks but it is important to carry a few from home. Always carry a water bottle filled with water and make sure it always remain full. You can also get a lunch box packed with light snacks which last for a day or two. You can carry some gum, a few nuts and other such easy to carry snacks with you as well.
Besides the essentials given below, there are many other little things that you might need to carry to a summer youth camp. Some of them are given as follows:
- Medicines-always carry some essential medicines on the summer camp. Carry medicines for vomiting, diarrhea, pain,fever, cold and other infections. Also carry a pain relief spray, a pain relief balm, Band-Aids, bandages and antiseptic solutions with you in a small pouch in the backpack.
- Always carry a small torchlight and a universal phone charger also. The torch must be put in the outer pockets for quick and easy access.
- If possible, carry a map of the youth camp to refer to in case you get lost.
- If required, carry a sleeping bag and a portable tent as well with you in the backpack.
- An insect repellant is also an essential for anyone heading out for a camping trip.