Millions of people go camping every year, as the lure of the great outdoors and escaping from everyday life is a strong one. Once you’ve escaped, though, some people find themselves a bit bored; below you’ll find a list of other activities you can do while camping to liven things up a bit.
1. Search the Stars: Camping is an excellent time to learn about astronomy and constellations. Even if you don’t have a telescope many of the wonders of the universe are visible to the naked eye.
2. Play Some Cards: A deck of cards fits in your pocket and lets you play a ton of different games. Brush up on poker and blackjack online before your trip and you’ll clean up versus your opponents.
3. Take a Hike: They don’t call it the great outdoors for nothing, so be sure to take the time to explore all the country around you.
4. Catch a Fish: Even if you don’t get a single bite the chance to relax by a rushing stream or river is well worth the time and effort.
5. Bring Your Bike: Camping trips provide a great base to explore on your bike, letting you access territory that’d otherwise be out of reach.
6. Toss the Pigskin: Throwing a football around is a great way to relax, but the same idea applies to frisbees and soccer balls as it’s easy to throw them in the trunk.
7. Take a Dip: Whether you swim in a pool, lake, or ocean (or relax in a hot tub) it’s always a good idea to pack your swimming trunks when camping.
8. Pack Your Apps: More and more campgrounds offer WiFi access so bring along your iPhone or iPad, as you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite games such as online roulette, Angry Birds, or Bejewled.
9. Pack a Hammock: Hammocks are very lightweight and take up virtually no space, giving you a great way to kick back and relax.
10. Snap Some Pics: Photography is a great way to help you slow down and soak up all the beauty when on your next camping trip.