Whether you are a first time scuba diver, a seasoned one or someone who does it once in a while, there are many things that you will need to prepare before heading out for your scuba diving vacation. There are many preparations and things to tick off from the checklist which need to be followed to ensure that you don’t miss out on anything that you might need when the time to dive comes.
Preparing for the vacation can sometimes be hectic and hence you must start it atleast a few days in advance. The following are some of the best tips to prepare for your scuba diving vacation.
- The first tip is to research the variety of sites available in your preferred destination and shortlist a few sites that you would like to explore and cover on your trip. Also, always check for the visibility levels as well as the dive depth to make sure that you are suitably qualified and have the right experience for the dive.
- The next step is to get your diving gear ready. For a scuba diving vacation, you must have all the right equipments and gear with you when you leave from your city. You just cannot be dependent on the local dive shop to provide you with the gear that you need because some remote locations often do not have dive shops. You must know that diving in cold water and warm water needs different types of dive suits so make sure you carry the right one with you.
- You will need to carry with you a buoyancy compensator device which not only allows you to attain the neutral buoyancy inside the water but also assists in ascents, descents etc.
- Don’t forget to carry the tanks as well as the masks for the diving sessions. The mask must fit your face properly and should have a nose enclosure. The face mask must be totally watertight and its seal must be intact. The tanks on the other hand must be tailored to match your planned dive in weight and in capacity. Its regulator must also be properly serviced.
- It is also important to pack the right fins as well. If you are interested in carrying a lot of extra equipment such as cameras etc., then you must pack the fins with the wider channels as these will enable you to be more comfortable when inside the water.
- Besides packing the right gear, it is important to make your bookings etc. as well in advance. There are many popular dive resorts etc. in famous diving destinations which offer you exclusive diving experiences. You can either book your dive with them or go for separate experiences. Talk to diving agents to inform you about the dive, the marine life, the difficulty level and other such details.
- You can also opt for dive packages or opt to learn diving from local diving schools or other such centers. This might require you to pay in advance.