Biking uphill can be a challenging task as it requires a lot of strength, grip, experience and skill. But by knowing a few tips and techniques, the task of biking uphill can be achieved easily with a little practice.
The following are the top 10 tips to bike uphill:
1. The best tip to bike uphill is to initially practice on not very high ascents before biking on a steep slope. First shift onto a lower gear and experiment. If you feel you have mastered yourself on this inclination, only then move onto steeper angles.
2. To avoid the situation of being overwhelmed, divide your climb into some sections rather than considering the entire area as one big stretch.
3. When you are on a climb, make sure your back is straight and you are leaned a little in the forward direction. The pressure must be on the front wheel and this can be achieved by leaning on your handlebars. This technique also helps in maintaining traction.
4. Another good tip to bike uphill successfully on very steeper slopes is to lean over the handlebars to such an extent that you feel as is the front wheel of your bike is slightly lifting off the ground.
5. For certain steep pitches, you will need to push you body weight into both the wheels by hunching a little over the handlebars of the bike. In this situation, you will need to exert more pressure while pedaling.
6. Make sure you do not lock your joints while you are biking uphill on steeper climbs. But at the same time, your arms and your legs must be flexed for a smoother ride.
7. If you are tired or bored of sitting on the bike seat, you can consider standing up and then pedaling. This will help you to achieve longer climbs easily and helps in exercising many different muscles of the body at the same time.
8. Another useful tip for easily biking uphill is to switch onto a higher gear and then stand up and pedal the bike.
9. Your entire body weight must be centered above the pedals of your bike when you are riding uphill on a mountainous terrain.
10. Some things which you will need to bike uphill include biking shorts, sunglasses, helmet, biking shoes, gloves, mountain bike, sweat proof jersey, some high energy snacks and hydration systems.
Following these tips will surely go a long way for you to bike uphill easily.
Photo Credit By: colourbox.com