Riverside camping is different from other camping and has its own benefits. Camping is always revitalizing and choosing different camping grounds will make the camping experience more interesting and efficient. The sight of the river beside your campsite will add elegance to the camping and makes it a memorable experience.
Many avid campers feel that the camping experience they get while camping on the riverside campsite is optimum and add pleasure to their camping experience. The riverbank campsite differs from gravel banks to sand banks.
The most entertaining riverside camping spot is near to a forest. Just think about a campsite next to a river and the other side of the campsite is covered with a thick and dense forest. This would be the best ever campsite for avid campers who love camping in woods.
There are several authorized riverside camping sites which offer this pleasure to the campers. So, if you have decided to camp on any of such sites, then think about pros and cons of camping on riverside and then tally the decision of camping on riverside.
When you are camping riverside, the first thing you should remember is you should camp in authorized campsite. Never experiment with new locations which are not registered as campsite. Some of the riverside campsites are private owned and trespassers will be prosecuted if you do not take prior permission regarding camping.
Tent set-up on riverside campsite:
- The first important point to note while setting up a riverside campsite is tent should be fire-resistant and water resistant [Camping tent].
- Place the tent away from the campfire and see that the camp tent is at least 15 feet away from the campfire.
- The forest and riverside has heavy blows of air. Therefore, by setting up the camp tent away from campfire, you are securing yourself against the campfire.
- Always use battery operated torch lights near to your tent, never prefer candles or any other fire lamps for lighting purposes near to the campsite.
- You are camping near to a river, so there is a chance for trees to be around. Check for trees and its foliage around the campsite and see that you clean all the dried leaves and wood branches around your campfire.
- Always check for the soil stability as soil near to the river will be very loose and if you make your camp tent stand on this loose soil, there is a chance that the soil will sink and spoil your camping.
Fishing in riverside campsite:
If you are planning for fishing in the riverside camping, then make sure that you have proper fishing license. Verify whether fishing is allowed in the campsite or not. If fishing is not allowed in the campsite, then fishing will be illegal.
Only catch the fishes you love and tend to eat, never try different species of fishes and waste them. After you eat the fishes, never place the innards into the river again, always use trash box.
Riverside camping is always interesting and by taking proper measures you can get the ultimate experience of riverside camping. Be safe and never tend to disturb the natural habitat at the camping site.