Recreational activities like white river rafting have gained immense popularity all over the globe as it allows you to explore the adventure and intensity of tumultuous river water. You have to use an inflatable raft and then navigate a river; most people prefer white river rafting as it gives you the chance to enjoy the thrill of different levels of rough water.
This leisure sport has become popular but can be fatal if proper precautions are not taken. Here is a helpful list that will give you a comprehensive guide on what things to carry for a white river rafting adventure. Make sure you use this as a checklist and read into the specific details before you go ahead on the thrilling voyage –
- Fanny pack – This is a pouch kind of bag that will be tied around your waist to carry your necessary small items and prevent it from getting wet.
- Medicines – This is one of the prior essentials for any kind of adventure and for white river rafting; make sure you carry your medicine for nausea, headache, dehydration and pain / ache. Also carry first aid supplies in a waterproof box.
- Safety rope tied with a float for rescue moments.
- Patch kit and air pump for raft or inner tube.
- Enough of water storage is a MUST as you will not be able to drink the dirty river water of course! You can buy water bottles that can be attached to a belt at the waist. Do not buy the bottles that have loose caps.
- Proper suit – Wear a well insulated wet suit; especially if you are aware that the water will be cold. You can also choose any non cotton, lightweight swim suit. However, do not go for heavy clothes like jeans, track pants or other tight clothing as they will become heavier when wet and poses danger. It will also cause chills while drying.
- Wear sunglasses having UV rays protection.
- Waterproof camera – One of the must haves and also one of the most delicate items. Thus a moderately priced (not too expensive) and waterproof disposable camera is recommended for white river rafting.
- Food stock – experts recommend fruits to be the ideal food to bring on a white river rafting adventure. Fruits like orange and banana would be the best choice as they can stay in water and you can also throw the peels in the water without harming the environment as they will slowly settle on the ground and compost. You can also carry some meals and snack foods if you have proper storage systems. Energy bars are also a good idea.
- Sunscreen with high SPF – Since you will mostly be in the sun, smear yourself well with a sunscreen lotion that has high SPF value and also carry it with yourself; dab it on whenever you get wet completely. Remember, your skin can get burnt with the reflection of the water even on a cloudy day.
- Water sandals or Dive shoes – A proper set of footwear is very important as you cannot wear your regular shoes to such an adventure. Your rafting shoes should have rubber soles and proper gripping gorges so that you do not slip even if it’s wet.
- A hat or visors to give you shade throughout the sunny trail of water.
- Dry bags or backpacks are needed. You can also take zip lock baggies.
- Enough safety pins to attach important small things to your clothes.
- Paddled rafts for inner tube.
- Life jacket
- Neoprene Gloves and Booties for extreme climate conditions.
- Driver’s license for renting materials and other sports gears.
This list will be a great guide for you if you are closely planning for any white river water adventure. Get geared for a wet time in sports!