Though the idea of camping might sound very adventurous and exciting, there are certain things that should always be followed before going for a camping in the woods because camping in wilderness is just not the same as it would be in some other spots like rocky zones or deserts.
To camp in the wild is the best way of connecting to nature and enjoying nature at her best. There are a lot to explore but it is important that you be safe and for that, make sure of the following camping tips.
Inform someone where you are going and your expected return
This is the first thing that you have to do before starting out, especially if you are going alone. If you are lost in the wilderness and you do not reach home on time, this person can take the help of the concerned authority in finding you out.
Carry all the Necessary things Enlisted here
- A tent and sleeping bag.
- A map and a GPS enabled phone or device.
- First-aid kit and few medicines and pain killers.
- Plenty of water. Carry iodine tablets so that if you run short of drinking water, you can drink any water by purifying it with iodine tablets.
- Matches, stoves and grills as you would be required to do all the cooking. Carry plenty of packed food as well.
- Carry an emergency blanket.
- Clothes, towels, toothbrush, soap and everything else that you need to use in your daily life, flash lights and a whistle to scare of wild animals.
- Carry a hand sanitizer also
Learn about Survival Tips
- You must learn how to signal for help before going for camping out in the woods. It might be as easy as making a call with the help of your cell phone or you have to learn how to give signals in times of emergencies.
- Before going for camping, you can talk to an experienced camper and learn about survival strategies from him/her, especially when you are planning to camp in some remote forests, far away from your home and city. Try to visit the local forest officer to get the necessary rules and danger signs of that particular area.
- Make sure of wearing a sunscreen and an insect repellent to keep yourself safe. Carry a sunglass as well.
- You also need to wear hiking boots.
- Clothes should depend on the weather- like you can wear a jacket if the weather is cold.
- Wear a hat to protect your head from direct sun rays.
Follow these simple and yet necessary tips for having a wonder forest expedition.
Photo Credit By: jldyr.deviantart.com