Scuba diving might seem like a fun and adventurous activity but at the same time, it involves a lot of maintenance of the various equipment’s associated with it. Diving is surely an equipment intensive sport and it is really important to protect the scuba gear as if any of the parts get damaged, they need to be replaced and replacement can turn out to be an expensive affair.
Here are a few important tips to take care of your scuba diving equipment’s:
1. The fact that scuba diving equipment’s are waterproof makes them easy to clean. Always make sure that you rinse your scuba gear in fresh and clean water after each time you take a dive. After washing it, you must keep it in a cool dry place to let it dry for a while. But remember to keep it out of direct sunlight.
2. Before your rinse the regulator of your scuba gear, you must make it a dry and then firmly replace its dust cap. This will help avoiding the water from entering the final stage.
3. While you are scuba diving, you must make sure that all the hoses and the gauges are kept close to your body. For this, you can make use of attachments such as clips. What this does is that it prevents the equipment from dragging over rocky or hard surfaces within the water. In fact, you can also prevent it from getting dirty by doing so.
4. Scuba tanks too need to be handled with a lot of care. Remember never to leave them unattended as they are heavy and must not be left standing up. If this happens, these tanks can get fall over.
5. Another useful tip for taking care of your scuba diving tip is to rise both the outside as well as the inside of the BCD. Always remember to drain the water completely and keep these BCDs inflated partially.
6. Apart from the above given tips, every scuba diver must take care by regularly inspecting the fin straps, snorkel, mask strap and even the hoses. What happens is that stretching and sunlight can tend to damage these parts and they must be replaced if they are severely damaged.
7. To take care of your scuba diving wet suit, make sure that you first rinse it and then hang it on a wide hanger. Preferably, wet suits must be dried inside out.
Photo Credit By: en.wikipedia.org