It is important that you have proper gear when you engage in a sport like hiking. Hiking boots are an essential yet basic gear that is used in hiking trips.
The basic concept of hiking boots is that it gives you comfort while hiking by padding your ankles, heels, and feet.
They offer less strain to your calves and other muscles while walking on rough terrain and slippery slopes. Hiking boots come in different designs and sizes that fit different kinds of people.
Remember that hiking is a very extreme form of sport. It exposes you to all sorts of terrain, weather conditions, and terrain obstacles. It is important that you wear the appropriate kind of hiking boots when you go trekking.
Meanwhile, choosing a good brand is a must when selecting what kind of hiking boots to buy. Good brands provide good quality that have been tried and tested to withstand all sorts of beatings from terrain patterns to extreme weather conditions
This means that the materials used to produce the hiking boots plays a big factor in choosing the brand to purchase. Perhaps checking the contour of the sole is appropriate and inspecting how the boot was stitched up is just as equally important.
When going on a hiking trip, always take into consideration the type of hiking footwear you intend to use. This means that different terrain calls for a different style of hiking boots.
Here are the different kinds of hiking boots used for different terrains of hiking:
- Hiking Sandals – these are used for light hiking trips and provide very good ventilation to your feet. Take note that good sandals are those that offer contour shaped soles and adjustable straps.
- Trail-Running and Cross-Trainer Shoes – this is a light-weight and durable footwear used for hiking intended for running rough terrain. They offer sufficient padding and ventilation for your feet. Soles are designed to withstand mountain rails and certain weather conditions.
- Light Hiking Shoes – these are leather and nylon boots intended for maintained trails and walking paths. They offer good support for your feet and leveled to your ankle bone.
- Heavy Off-Rail Boots – they are stiff in design but provide good quality materials for rough terrain. They are built higher than your ankle bone but give good support to your feet. Some designs are available to fit crampons.
- Mountaineering Boots – these are heavy duty hiking boots made with the best quality materials such as synthetic fibers, and leather. They are often all-terrain resistant and water-proof in design. Most mountaineering boots are made to support crampons.
How to choose the best hiking boots?
When choosing the proper hiking boots that best fits you, always make sure that you try them on with the proper socks. It is advisable that you bring a pair of socks which you will be using on the actual hike so that you get the feel of how it fits.
Remember that these boots will expand during the duration of their use, so give ample space for your feet to grow in your new pair of hiking boots. These hiking boots are an integral part in your hiking trip, so remember to choose the best one that would fit your standards.